Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Meet Linkin

This is my first catch up post of many...I only have like two years missing so that shouldn't be too bad right!! I am just going to back date everything and pretend I was on my game :) Better late than never right. Here we go!

So tiny next to Ryan's Hand
On April 8th 2013 we got to meet our son, Linkin James Naffziger. This delivery was a little different because it was scheduled, and I have to admit that is the way to go! We had it all arranged for my mom to fly in on saturday to get all situated with Roice, and what a relief that was. Having my mom there with Roice was invaluable and made my time in the hospital so enjoyable because I knew my baby girl would be perfectly cared for!
That tiny little face <3
We went into the hospital early on Monday Morning and were holding baby Linkin before Noon! He arrived just a little peanut at 5 lb 12 oz and 19 in long, and just as healthy as could be! He came out with a full head of hair and dark skin, just like his big sister. They looked so much different as newborns though, Him being all boy and her being all girl!
All set to go home
The delivery was really an amazing experience, which I was so grateful for, as it was not really expected! With Roice's c section everything was very hectic and rushed. With Linkin it could not have been more calm, and really amazing! I had the best anesthesiologist who did an amazing job of talking me though everything. And as they were working on getting Linkin out all the doctors were talking and laughing, taking bets on how big he would be! I got to hold him shortly after and hold him on the way back to the room and he took to nursing right away. The time in the hospital was so nice, not having a baby in the NICU. Although that first night he had a little lapse and forgot how to latch on, so that was a bit of a long night! The best part about the hospital was that they let us out a day early! Only 24 hours in the hospital then we were headed home with our little 5lb6oz baby. I always forget just how tiny they look in that big carseat on the first ride home.
Roice meeting Link

There is no better feeling in the world then arriving home with your new family member. There is such peace in having your family all together after such a long wait. I was so proud of Roice and how well she did with her little brother. She did have a little adjustment period but I think that was more due to the fact that I could not pick her up than anything else. She has been such a help with him, always bring us diapers and wipes, and really anything else we may need! Linkin has been the easiest little guy from that very first day too. I dont think he cried more than a handful of times in the first months of his life. Always just content, calm, and happy! He has slept six hours at a time a night pretty much every night since we got him home. He is the kind of baby that could easily fool you into thinking this is all easy and that you should totally have another one! I am sticking to my guns though, as of now we feel very complete with our little family of four :)

Just a few hours old and so precious
 Writing this post I just cant help but feel SO blessed to have this wonderful family with the best husband and daddy in the world. It is still crazy to me how much joy these little humans bring into our lives :)

Until next time,

Brit
xxoo






No comments:

Post a Comment